Sunday, May 2, 2010
Industrialized Farming
Industrialized farming displays little postives to consumers other than being incredibly affordable and easy to access. These ideas may seem like an incredible bright side however it is impossible to know where this food is coming from due to so many processes that it undergoes. Pesticides can contaminate both our food and our bodies. Also, steroids are injected into the beef and other meats that we consume. While it is unknown what these steroids and pesticides do to our bodies many people still favor these options instead or organic or healthier ones. Many people do not realize the possible effects of these products and look to ease of access and price over potential risks and nutritional values. There are always ways to reverse trends and in this scenario these include consuming fewer processed foods, allowing for organic farms and organically grown foods, and knowing what we eat and its nutritional value before consuming it based solely on price and artificial flavors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jenna, I agree with your statement. There are many upsides to industrial farming, mixed in wth many downsides. I also think that is necessary to reverse trends sooner rather than later in our food consumption habits. Many foods are extremely artificial, and not at all good for our health. Many poeple have no knowledge of this, and they continue to eat these foods. I think that this needs to change, I am in agreement with you!
ReplyDelete