Sunday, May 9, 2010
Food Inc.
Food Inc. was an extremely eye opening documentary. It raised many questions about the food industry, farmers and their lives, and the government’s involvement in the food industry. After watching the film I am absolutely horrified at our food system. The way animals and plants are treated, patenting life, persecuting those who go against the system… all of these things are additives that go into the monstrous food industry in America. Large businesses control nearly everything and small farmers, such as those who try to use their own seed or run their own organic farms, are sued, persecuted, and usually put out of business. The seemingly "healthy" food sold in most stores now makes me sick. Knowing what really goes into these products and learning about what sort of ingredients are used make me think twice about something before I buy it. After Food Inc. I am honestly concerned with what Americans are being fed and peoples’ lack of knowledge with what they are eating. Many improvements need to be made to make our food system better and healthier. Organic and small farmers need to be allowed to run their own businesses, government involvement should become more honest and fair, and large businesses should keep safe and healthy choices when making food not just take the cheap way out. As an individual, I can make choices to eat healthier foods, know what ingredients and substances are going into my foods, and buy organic things and shop at local farmers’ markets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment